Monday, January 5, 2009

Titters are finers. To take the drug or not..

So my boob is fine I guess. He said that he didn't feel anything that was not normal tissue. The pain has pretty much gone away for the most part. I guess I just freaked myself out.. but it's better safe than sorry.

I have been having some insane rib pain today, worse than ever before. I was pretty sure the past few days he had gotten away from the ribs, but boy was I wrong. He has been in them and pushing his little booty or whatever it is continuously into them. He has kicked or punched or whatever me today so hard I yelled out loud at work. I would never wish this kind of pain in the ribs on anyone, because not only does it hurt, but you are NEVER comfortable.
I know I complain about this a lot, but it hurts that much to complain about it that much!!!!!
Anyway, when I went to see Dr. Dillon, he also checked the heartbeat and it was 160. I go back on the 21st for my ultrasound. That is going to be funny.

I'm excited for my mom to be here in 24 days, she probably will think I have gotten huge since the last time I saw her.
It will be nice to have her here and then knowing she will be back for the birth, which we talked about today.

I have been thinking more and more of NOT getting an epidural. My mom had both my brother and I without one, and she had just turned 18 when she had me, not that age matters. But for her to have me so young and then my brother 2 1/2 years later and want to experience the birth with no drugs in her, find it pretty cool.
Also, I just keep thinking about the life style Matt and I live.
We are both "Straight Edge" and for some reason I just feel that I shouldn't get it because of that. I know some of you think that's a lame excuse, but for me and for how I live.. I don't.
Matt said it is like taking Tylenol, but I don't think so. This is a drug they stick in your spine that makes your body do weird things. Tylenol sometimes just makes the pain go away, doesn't make you do crazy things, or have a reaction over your body.

AH! So I don't know. My mom thinks that all you need is a good breathing technique. That's what she used. She really liked her Lamaze class and said it was the best thing ever for her.
I will have to wait and see I guess. I start class next month. I can't wait for it. I think it's going to be funny, I don't know why.
Anyway.
This is all I have to write. I need to stand up so I can take some pressure off my ribs.
Also Matt wants to eat as soon as he gets home, cause he's STARVING he says.

Peace Out
Krista

4 comments:

  1. Well I completely understand why you would think it's weird to get an epidural when you're straight edge. The epidural does have some crazy drugs in it. It's a little more intense than tylenol. Haha. You should really look into it. I know you are totally capable of giving birth without drugs, it's just a matter of if you really want to. And if you do, you can definitely do it. If you go into thinking, "I'm not going to get an epidural" then the chances of you getting one are way less. Seriously just study up on it. I did so much reading before I had Faye, it was crazy but totally worth it. And your mom is right, it's all about the breathing. I'm glad your boob is fine. If you ever wanna talk about birth without drugs or just birth, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also wanted to add that i support you either way! If you do it with no drugs then you awesome, if not great! either way i want that baby out safe and healthy! i love you too , i need to see your fine ass soon. Im banking on this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whats wrong with your boob? i got a clogged duct in my right boob a couple times during my pregnancy, just massage the area that hurts towards your nipple for like 20 minutes, until colostrum starts coming out, or pump that breast a couple of times a day, and use a warm compress. works like magic.

    as far as the epidural, i know you can do it! even though i had one, i shouldnt have, because they unplugged it, and it had worn off by the time E was coming out, so i felt it ALL. You know the story though, haha.

    ReplyDelete