Sunday, November 9, 2008

ANNOYING

So I really hate Verizon right now (not the cell phone service). We have verizon internet and phone...which we never use the house phone any more so I went to cancel it and the guy was like giving me this huge speech of why I shouldn't.. so I hung up on him. I called Comcast (I love this company) to get high speed cable internet, instead of Verizon DSL, which ends up being a couple bucks cheaper in the long run..
So I order the modem and it arrives Friday, I waited until tonight to install the crap to get us up and running on CABLE instead of DSL.
I did everything right, and called Comcast cause I couldn't get on the internet.. he told me I should be able to.. so he walked me through a few steps and then told me to turn off the computer.. I did...
(while in my head thinking..oh God I hope the computer comes back on...because I have been having this awful feeling that our computer is going to break real soon...it is 5 years old and has been through ALOT..we have had like 3 new hard drives put in it!)
So I go to turn the computer back on.. and it gives me this CRAZY message about the power battery being low or something.. I freaked out.. but it still works..except it doesn't accept the cable modem! oh and we haven't had speakers in like a year!)

SO.. Matt has a Dell account which we used to buy this computer... so I think our Christmas present for our self will be a new computer.. I know we don't have the money.. but we can't live without a computer. I do all the bills online, we have a baby due in March and this will be the only way for distant family and friends to see baby August (James.. I hope that's the middle name cause I LOVE it).

Whatever. I also have done almost all the laundry and I'm really proud of myself and I can't wait for desperate housewives tonight!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new baby! I think you should get the new computer ASAP as an early Christmas gift. I am sure you both deserve it! :)

    Please let me know if you need further assistance with your Comcast service. We will be happy to assist!

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um..does anyone else think it's weird that I received a message from Comcast? I do..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! OH MY GOSH Krista! That's so funny that they left you a comment. What?!? I'm confused but I'm laughing really hard. Only you Krista, only you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god that is the weirdest thing ever at first i just thought you were friends with them or something haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOLOL I am in shock about that comcast comment, after I read it was so confused and I'm glad you commented otherwise I probably would have been even more confused!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahahahahahaha what a bunch of lurkers those comcasters are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey at least you dont have charter! THEY ARE FROM THE DEVIL.

    ReplyDelete