Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day part 1.

Wednesday, August 17th - DAY FROM HELL.

So I went to my doctors at 8:30 a.m. for a regular check up that was schedule a week before. (side note, on Monday I went in to get my membrane stripped and then ended up in the hospital due to high blood pressure, but was then sent home..and I was only 1 cm). So I go in and pee in a cup, oh and lost part of my plug, which was a first because since then, I hadn't lost any and then get my blood pressure taken...and as soon as she finished taking it.. my jaw dropped, I knew the doctor would be mad. It was 159/94. I had a feeling he was going to send me to the hospital, but tried to stay calm.. I went by myself this time to the appointment since I thought I would be in and out! Anyway, I go into the room for a NST and the baby really wasn't moving much, she did have the hiccups, but no big movement. The doctor came in and used this thing to "wake up the baby".. it didn't really work all that well. When he looked at how high my blood pressure was, he about flipped. So he had them do it again, and it was even higher! He looked at me and said "alright, I'm going to schedule you for an induction...come to my office when you are done, your blood pressure is too high and I don't want to keep sending you in to the hospital, and then sending you back home".
So I go into his office and he's on the phone with the hospital, kind of arguing with them. He gets off the phone and says "you are just going in right now, we aren't waiting to schedule a date, I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby"...I just sat there... and was like.. FINALLY, but at the same time I was really scared because I didn't want to be induced, I just wanted it to happen!
Anyway.. by that time it was around 9:30, I called Matt to let him know what was going on... and then I called Lori, so she could watch August for a few hours until Sam could get him and bring him home. I came home and got my hospital bag and the boys, Matt then dropped me off at the hospital so he could take August to Lori's. By the time I got into my own room at the hospital it was 10:30.
It took so long for them to get everything going, I didn't get cervidul (?) until 12:30. I was having very slight contractions that I couldn't even feel, but that would show up on the monitor. It was a really long long day of nothing exciting! I couldn't eat anything just in case I had to have a c-section. It was kind of annoying, but whatever, I dealt with it. Matt went home around 8 because nothing was happening. I was only dilated to a 2 and was thinned out maybe 50% if that. Danielle came around 8:30 and stayed for about an hour. Then I tried to sleep, but I knew at 12 they would be taking out the cervidul thing (I have no idea if this is the right name and I don't want to look it up, that's how lazy I am). OH one thing.. the night nurse I had was ROUGH. When she would check my cervix, she seriously shoved her hand up my vag, it hurt SO bad I wanted to cry every time! So along came 12 and they took that thing out, and wanted to give my cervix a rest, so they didn't want to start pitocin until 2:30/3:00 am....
Part 2 to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment