Thursday, May 27, 2010

I don't know what to do...

I need help...we need help.
So the past few days August has been very difficult. He does not take a nap, he does not go to bed. He will be falling asleep in the living room but the second I put him in his crib he FREAKS out..screaming, kicking, spazzing out. I will let him cry for awhile and then when I got in there, he's jumping up and down in his bed, screaming. The past few nights Matt and I have had to rock him to sleep, but the second we put him down he screams. The past two nights we have had to lay him in bed with us, wait until he's asleep then move him into his bed. He was NEVER like this! It just started like a week or two ago. He used to be the easiest baby to put down for a nap or bedtime!
We are lost, we do not know what to do. Plus, he used to go to bed at 7 every night, but now it's like 8 or 9! I don't care if he stays up later, but I just don't get what is going on. I know that he has two bottom teeth coming in, one has already come through, the other is about ready too. Nothing soothes him though. It's really stressful and it's driving me and Matt crazy.
If anyone has a suggestion please do tell.
ALSO, he has been waking up really early! Using he sleeps 12 hours, 7-7..but since this craziness started he wakes up at 6-6:30! I am SO tired, that 30 minutes is killing me.
That's all!
Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I would bet money that it's the teething. Owen got his eye teeth about 2 weeks ago and it was a nightmare... every night he would go to sleep and wake up around 2 and be up until 4. Just me and him in the living room, while he made me draw on this magnadoodle type thing over and over again. Some nights he would just sit with me on the couch and hit my arm and yell mommy over and over again for hours. I think they are in so much pain sometimes when they teethe that these things just happen. The only thing I can suggest is tylenal and just wait it out, it's just a part of parenting we all have to go through....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taryn! My mom also thought it could be growing pains. Once he is asleep it's fine, it is just getting him to sleep is a nightmare. He is asleep on my bed right now, I feel so bad for him. I hope Owen is better! Teething SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya we had these issues with Claire but not with Faye. And I don't know, it could also be him just figuring out that he wants to be held and rocked and be by you guys then when you put him in his crib he freaks. Let him cry it out and if you're not sure about the teething thing, give him tylenol then let him cry it out. I know it sucks... but he'll figure it out. I'm sorry you're going through this. It's rough. But it's probably just a stage and things will change before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sucky! so sorry he's being such a pill. i think erin was right, try the tylenol. maybe switching up bed time with a new routine, bath, book, bed? or a favorite video right before bed? sometimes they just need to switch it up. good luck!

    ReplyDelete